Whether you have rented previously or are renting for the first time, our Lettings Department can help you to find your perfect rental property quickly and easily. We always have a wide and varied range of properties to rent and our friendly experienced staff are always on hand to help you every single step of the way.
We can help you with:
- Finding a property to suit your individual needs and budget.
- Advice on the rental procedure.
- Processing your tenancy application quickly.
- Agree a convenient time for you to move in to the property.
- Offer clear guidance on your responsibilities as a tenant.
- Protection of your deposit monies.
- A quick response to any maintenance issues*. We have an in house maintenance team who carry out repairs exclusively for Ryder & Dutton.
( * fully managed properties only.)
Register with us
By registering with us you will be the first to know about new rental properties when they come onto the market and before they make it to Rightmove and OntheMarket.
Applying For A Property
Further help and advice for landlords and tenants is available here
COSTS TO TENANTS
We are obliged to set out details of all costs to tenants.
BEFORE YOU MOVE IN
A holding deposit is taken equivalent to one weeks rent.
You will be required to pay a holding deposit in order to reserve the property once you have viewed and the Landlord has confirmed that they are happy to proceed with your application. The holding deposit will be equivalent to one weeks rent. Payment for this can be taken over the telephone using a debit card or via bank transfer.
The holding deposit will become non-refundable if:-
- You withdraw your application for the property after the references have been applied for.
- You fail the Right to Rent check.
- You provide a false or misleading statement on your application that causes your references to fail.
- You unreasonably delay in responding to any reasonable request made by our firm during the agreed extended period on your signed ‘Your Holding Deposit Explained’ letter.
You will be required to pay a deposit of an amount equivalent to five weeks rent (rounded down to the nearest pound)
Deposits are protected using DPS (The custodial deposit protection scheme).
Please note that if you have a pet and the landlord has agreed to allow you to keep a pet at the property the monthly rent will be 5% higher so for example a rent of £500.00 per calendar month would be £525.00 per calendar month if the landlord agreed for you to keep a pet at the property.
Tenancy Breach Fees
You will not be asked to pay any fees or charges in connection with your application for a tenancy. However, if your application is successful under our standard assured shorthold tenancy agreement, you will be required to pay certain fees for any breach of that tenancy agreement in line with the Tenant Fees Act 2019. In consideration of us processing your tenant application, you agree to pay those fees to us on request. These default fees are as follows:-
Lost Keys or fobs
In a situation where a Tenant loses their keys, fobs or other security devices for the property, the Tenant will be charged for the cost of a replacement key, fob or security device.
Non-Payment Of Rent
If you do not pay your rent on time, once the payment becomes 14 calendar days late, you will be charged 3% above the Bank of England base rate from the first day that the arrears occurred and each day that the payment is outstanding.
Changes To Tenancy
A charge of £50.00 inclusive of VAT will be made for a change to a tenancy. A change to a tenancy is any reasonable request that the Tenant makes to alter a tenancy agreement, after the tenancy agreement has become binding. Examples of commonly requested changes are:
- To be able to keep a pet at the property
- To change one of the Tenants on a joint tenancy
A charge can be made for any other amendment which alters the Tenant’s obligation in the tenancy agreement.
We are members of the Property Redress Scheme for independent redress.